Let’s talk about Keala Kanae. The affiliate marketing guru with so many platforms, products, upsells, and PDFs. His latest PDF (or, better put, “upsell tease”) is called Freelance Marketing Secrets. So what are Keala Kanae’s secrets? Is freelance digital marketing legit?
Is Keala Kanae’s Freelance Affiliate Guide Review Worth It?
Keala Kanae’s affiliate guide “Freelance Marketing Secrets” is a 12-page e-book that covers some basics of affiliate marketing, his back story, and his 3 secrets to success in freelance marketing. It’s a lead-in to buy his high ticket training modules filled with more upsells.
Let’s dive into his Freelance Affiliate guide and review it to see if it (and the upsells tied to it) are worth your time. Is there some valuable training to be had in this ebook?
Training That Delivers!
• Turn your own website into revenue
• Step by step training, tools, & support
• Get me as your support coach
What’s In Keala Kanae’s Freelance Marketing Secrets? Is Freelance Digital Marketing Legit?
Now, I’m a HUGE proponent of affiliate marketing. But it’s important to understand that there’s a straightforward way to go about building an affiliate marketing business, and a very wrong way to go about it.
I’m not a fan of how Keala Kanae consistently pushes what I feel are red flags like “done for you” systems and unrealistic promises of revenue along with using paid ads and PPC campaigns way too early.
What are Keala Kanae’s “Secrets” Discussed in Freelance Marketing Secrets?
Keala’s secrets to success in freelance marketing are:
- First, identify a problem people want to solve, typically related to health, wealth, or relationships. He mentions using tools like Google Keyword Planner, Facebook audiences, and other research methods to find your target audience. You want to choose something in high demand.
- Second, find a product that solves the problem and offers decent commissions through platforms like ClickBank, DigiStore24, and JVZoo. These affiliate networks will typically have a whole range of products across a variety of niches. Find the product selling the most that solves the problem and grab its affiliate link.
- Third, build a sales funnel around the product, consisting of paid ads, a squeeze page, and an offer page. It sounds so easy, right? Drive traffic to a landing page promoting the product, make a free offer to get your audience’s email, then place them in a daily email sequence where you continue to push the offer. Every time they buy through your affiliate link, you earn commissions.
One thing that’s left out is how exactly to get that traffic to your landing page. Keala has a history of directing brand new affiliate marketers to use paid ads, claiming he has “done for you” systems and ad copy that’s proven to work.
This is a huge red flag you should always be aware of anytime you find an online business coaching scheme promising you the world: done for you systems do not work!
This is the same pattern Keala has been using for years. He starts with a low buy-in or a free webinar. This leads into the beginnings of training where you learn just enough to stay interested. And then, like clockwork, come the a la carte training modules, each more expensive than the last, that you have to continue to buy to finish the training.
Keala Kanae’s Courses and History of Upsells
I’ve been doing detailed reviews of Keala Kanae’s courses for years now, from his beginnings with AWOL Academy, to Fullstaq Marketer, Digital Freelancer, and more. They all follow the same pattern. Here’s a quick recap of each.
AWOL Academy: High ticket affiliate marketing training with a la carte training modules and tons of upsells. AWOL became defunct in 2018.
Fullstaq Marketer: This is a full reboot of the defunct AWOL Academy. It follows the same low buy-in model starting at $99 that escalates quickly with massive upsells all the way up to $14,800. Take a detailed look at its courses, pricing, and more in my detailed Fullstaq Marketer review here.
Digital Freelancer: Another ad campaign similar to Freelancer Marketing Secrets that funnels you to Fullstaq Marketer. Once you sign up you’re bombarded with emails and promises of “done for you” systems. Check out my detailed Digital Freelancer review here.
As I’ve said before in my reviews of his products, if you can stick with just purchasing the low-buy in starter course you’ll actually get some decent foundational content that you can learn from. It’s the MASSIVE upsells and “done for you” systems that I’m not a fan of. And I know I keep repeating myself when I say this but DONE FOR YOU SYSTEMS DON’T WORK!
Want Training That Delivers?
Check out my detailed review and full walkthrough of the training platform I owe all my success to! The training is straightforward, affordable, and you can test drive it free first to see if it’s a good fit. This is the training that delivered for me!
As a free e-book, Keala shares some affiliate marketing basics that he uses as a lead-in to buying his high ticket Fullstaq Marketer training courses. I’m not a fan of any systems that claim to be “done for you” and I don’t think it’s good to jump into paid ads so early.
When you take a look at the other reviews I’ve done of Keala’s platforms and you read the comments you start to see the common denominator of complaint after complaint about the sheer expense of the training.
Yes, it obviously costs money to learn a lucrative trade like affiliate marketing, but it doesn’t have to cost tens of thousands to be successful. In my opinion, there are just too many red flags in Keala’s platforms.
How do you feel? Have you been a part of AWOL Academy or Fullstaq Marketer? Have you sat in on any of Keala’s webinars? Are you a Keala Kanae success story? Or were you left with an empty bank account and little to show for it? Let me know what you think in the comments section below! I look forward to hearing from you and I always respond.
- Profit Showdown: Wealthy Affiliate vs Legendary MarketerWealthy Affiliate vs Legendary Marketer. In the battle of affiliate marketing training platforms who comes out on top?
- Wealthy Affiliate Hosting ReviewJust how good is Wealthy Affiliate’s hosting package? I’ll show you the 7 game changing features you can’t ignore.
- Are Done For You Online Business Opportunities Legit?Exposing the myth of Done For You systems and why you should see them as a huge red flag. No online business opportunity runs itself!
- Freelance Affiliate Guide ReviewAre Keala Kanae’s Freelance Marketing Secrets worth your time, your money, and worth being bombarded by never ending upsells?
- 8 Online Business Coaching Scams Exposed & How to Avoid ThemCheck out 8 of the most common online business coaching scams you can encounter and learn why they work and how to avoid them!
I will be totally honest here, I am not a fan of this program or this persons tactics. I appreciate the honest review, but it always seems as if he is holding something back in his programs. It seems like he is only out for himself. I really like that you asked for people experiences with Full Staq, and that you wanted opinions.
Eric Cantu says
Agreed. Never been a fan of his upsells. Thanks for the comment!
I signed up for a similar course a couple of months ago and after the first video I knew what I would be getting. I promptly requested my initial $44 back and went searching elsewhere. It is unfortunate but it is how most all of these sites operate and end up getting rich while you mostly accomplish nothing. I had not heard of this guy but I will stay far away! Thanks. Brian
Eric Cantu says
You’re welcome Brian! Do you happen to remember the name of that course you were trying out? I’m always looking for new platforms to review. Thanks for the comment!
This was a great article, I’ve been following Keala Kanae and his ads and something just seemed off or sketch about him, know what I mean? Reading your review it all clicked. I didn’t realize this was his pattern, but you can’t deny the facts. Thanks for the article! Glad I found it when I did.
Eric Cantu says
You’re very welcome! Thanks for the comment!