Trying to figure out how to start affiliate marketing for free with no money? Don’t worry, thanks to social media you actually have several options. Let’s dive in!
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Free With No Money
As a beginner with no money, you can leverage affiliate links with popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. to connect your audience with the products and services they’re looking for.
In this article, I’m going to share how the affiliate marketing process works, why it’s so lucrative, and how you can get started with this opportunity even if you have little to no capital to invest.
Training That Delivers!
• Turn your own website into revenue
• Step by step training, tools, & support
• Get me as your support coach
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
In a nutshell, affiliate marketing is all about connecting people online with the products and services they’re already looking for. It’s so appealing because, by definition, your audience is ALREADY LOOKING for stuff to buy.
You’re not knocking on doors peddling products. In fact, you don’t need any products or services of your own to be a successful affiliate marketer.
Think of yourself as the middle man. When the question “How can I start affiliate marketing for free” was asked on the popular Quora website, the top answer came back with a slight dose of reality:
What is money for you though? Advertising = Money, of course. Backlinks = Can cost money, they definitely take time or the result of great content. Content = Money, if you hire people to produce content, or if you produce it yourself it costs you time. Time = Money.
So what they’re saying here is, hey, if you’re looking to build a successful online business, you’re going to need to spend a little money.
And as you can see from the image above, the most direct path to affiliate marketing success is through building your own niche website and sending targeted traffic to it. Google agrees. In a related article the Thirsty Affiliate website states:
We want to start by saying that having a blog and website should be your ultimate goal as an affiliate marketer. It is hands down, the best way to run a successful affiliate marketing business.
But if you’ve landed on this article, you’re more than likely a beginner looking to get your feet wet without spending a dime. And over time, building a niche website and creating content will start to cost money, right? Or will it?
Related Article at WorkFromYourLaptop.com!
For beginners looking for a free start there is actually good news. All you really need to be successful in affiliate marketing is an audience. And in this climate we live in where everyone spends hours on social media every day, you may already have your very own built in audience.
Can I Join Affiliate Programs Free?
Yes! Joining an affiliate program is ABSOLUTELY FREE! With many affiliate programs there is an application process, and some will want you to have regular traffic going to your website before accepting you.
However, there are many that don’t require this. Ever heard of Amazon? The Amazon affiliate program is one of the most popular out there. Why?
First of all, Amazon sells EVERYTHING. But a close second is they don’t require you to have established traffic.
The major downside to Amazon’s affiliate program, however, is their ultra low commission percentages. Getting paid 1% – 3% doesn’t exactly keep you motivated. Don’t worry though. There are solid affiliate programs that offer spectacular commission percentages.
Do a simple Google search of “(any niche you’re interested in) + affiliate programs” and you’ll see page after page of free affiliate programs you can join.
Related Article at WorkFromYourLaptop.com!
What are the Best Social Media Platforms for Affiliate Marketing?
As I said before, we happen to live in an era where the average person spends HOURS online. We buy online, we chat online, we post online. So if affiliate marketing is all about needing an audience, your best bet is to start with your built-in social media audience.
Using Facebook for Affiliate Marketing
Facebook pretty much sits on top of the social media mountain. While much of the younger generation is moving over to newer platforms like TikTok and Snapchat, Facebook has been established the longest, and for that reason, has the widest reach.
So how do you go about affiliate marketing on Facebook?
The key here is to create compelling, helpful, and useful posts consistently. Don’t make every post about promoting your affiliate links. Instead, focus on being seen as a member of Facebook who brings quality info to the masses.
- Post regularly and post often!
- Join relevant Facebook groups.
- Create links to useful websites and info your audience would enjoy.
- Keep it light. Funny posts work very well for engagement and this gets your audience used to commenting.
- Every 4 or 5 posts, feel free to promote the product or service you’re affiliated with.
- Don’t “just” post the affiliate link. Give it a couple sentences of context.
In this way, you develop a relationship with your audience so that they are used to the idea that you post quality info and the posts don’t come off as “selling”.
Something else that helps tremendously with credibility is when you’ve chosen a niche for affiliate marketing that you have a genuine interest in. Now even your affiliated posts have relevance as well.
Should you do it from your personal profile or create a business page? This is completely up to you, but by keeping with the rules above, your content will find its audience.
Using YouTube for Affiliate Marketing
YouTube is a spectacular way to find your audience without spending a dime! Everyone on this planet LOVES VIDEO! Creating a YouTube channel is free, creating content is free, and uploading videos is free!
So let’s say you’re a chess lover and you’ve decided to promote a book dealing with learning chess strategies. Your video could be a book review, or simply a guide showing examples of the strategies found in the book. Show them in action! Let your audience see the value.
Then, just like you’ve seen a thousand times before on YouTube, direct your audience to click the link in the video description.
You’ve shown value, now your audience will follow through.
- As always, post regularly and post often!
- Create content that is the answer to your audience’s most popular searches.
- Let your personality shine through!
- Be upbeat! No one will sit through a boring video.
- Create a video description that thoroughly explains the video and enter relevant tags so your audience can find you.
- Place your affiliate link in the video description and direct your audience to click through for more info.
Related Article at WorkFromYourLaptop.com!
Using Instagram for Affiliate Marketing
Instagram is a spectacular medium for creating content that attracts attention, gets seen, and all it takes are pictures! A picture is worth a thousand words and, when marketed right, can potentially earn you thousands of dollars!
Instagram influencing is based 100% on affiliate marketing. Once you gain an audience, you use your influence to connect them with products and services they can’t live without.
- Post regularly and post often! 1-3 times daily (Do you see a theme here?)
- Choose a specific niche and post relevant content. Don’t be scatterbrained!
- Engagement is key on Instagram! Create captions that urge your audience to chime in! Reply to all the comments you get!
- As with Facebook, create content that is useful and interesting. Not every post will be an affiliate post.
- Every 4 to 5 posts, feel free to promote your product or service. Place your affiliate link in your profile (“link in bio”) and lead your audience to click it.
- Create stories daily (5-6 stories daily) that add more value to your content and show your personality.
- Use stories to direct your audience to see your latest posts and lead them to your “link in bio”.
- Use relevant hashtags to get your content seen by potentially THOUSANDS!
Are There Free Affiliate Marketing Training Courses I Can Take?
There are tons of great resources available online so you can find the best affiliate marketing training courses that fit your needs. Don’t fall for the ads by affiliate marketing “gurus” filled with unrealistic promises of income and “done for you” systems.
When they are promising to give away their “full proof” secrets free of charge, they are ALWAYS filled with massive upsells. I’ve done COUNTLESS reviews on these types of schemes and they’re not worth it.
Want Training That Delivers?
The most straightforward path to success is through a niche website and driving targeted traffic to it. However, you can also be very successful in affiliate marketing by using social media.
What questions do you have for me? Drop any questions or comments you have in the comments section below. I always respond and I look forward to connecting with you!
- How to Make Money with Wealthy AffiliateWealthy Affiliate is my top recommendation for anyone looking to build a business online. See why!
- How to Make Money with AudibleWant to learn how to turn the leading platform in audiobooks into a money maker for you? I’ll show you several ways you can make money with Audible today!
- Do I Get Paid If Someone Visits my Website?Are you leaving money on the table with your website? Check out the most straightforward ways to monetize your site, from ads to conversions and more!
- Pictory ReviewEver wanted to create a YouTube channel that generated thousands of views without showing your face or using your voice? Pictory AI may be your answer!
- Is Freelance Digital Marketing Legit?Check out the myths of freelance digital marketing along with what it takes to be successful in this very lucrative field of online business.